CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bountiful End-of-the-Year Harvest!

WOW I certainly was blessed with a wonderful amount of tomatoes this year. My kitchen is overflowing with green, yellow and ruby red tomatoes!!! I'm so thankful to have them. Now the fun begins with washing, blanching, peeling, and canning these little goodies. I just love to make chili and spaghetti sauce with home grown tomatoes, not to mention how great they taste on a salad compared to store bought.


It's a crisp and cool day here in Michigan so I decided to start the canning process. I also make a wonderful recipe that I have inherited from my grandmother. Now we probably would consider this recipe a mild SALSA but in the olden days it was titled "Chili Sauce". It's a nice mild flavor but it has some great spices in it that just blend together so wonderfully. Boy does it make the house smell GREAT.

Have a great day everyone....off to the kitchen :-)

Darlene

0 comments: