CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Halloween Home Decor Project

I decided to finally sit down and do a little home decor project for this Halloween season. I'm long overdue to get my creative juices flowing. I should be finished with the entire project tomorrow and I will post ALL the steps I used. Here's a peek at my start...

Step 1: Gather all your supplies. I used the following supplies for this project:

6 pieces of chipboard ( cut into 2 1/2" x 3 1/2")
White acrylic paint
Assorted stamps (Halloween theme and scrolls/flourishes)
Embossing Ink and black embossing powder
Heat Tool
Ranger Distress Ink - Vintage Photo, Frayed Burlap, Tea Dye
Pigment Ink- Black
Archival Ink - Black
14" pieces of raffia
14" piece of 3/8" black satin ribbon
Blending tool - Tim Holtz
Thin silver wire
Chipboard Letters apprpxomately 2-2 1/2" tall (1 B, 2 O's)
Pumpkin Brass Stencil
Embossing styllus and chalk
Scissors
White Picket Fence available at craft stores
(I used chipboard strips I cut and twistied wire around each picket then painted it white)
Sandpaper for distressing
Piece of brown cardstock (scrap)
Piece of scrapbook paper to cover chipboard letters
Metallic wax
Tacky Glue


Step 2: Paint the six chipboard squares with white acrylic paint. I left a few thick edges for effect.
All six chipboard pieces should look like this when dry.
Step 3: Use the blending tool and ink the edges of all the pieces with Vintage Photo ink and touches of Frayed Burlap and Tea Dye. Vary the depth of the color (some areas heavy some a bit lighter). I like to move from the outside in toward the piece instead of reverse. You get a softer look that way.



Step 4: Stamp an image on each edge of each painted and inked piece with the Vintage Photo ink. I alternated the direction of the image for the center pieces. Please refer to the last photo.



Step 5: Add a few Halloween "scary" stamps on upper edges and upper corners of a few squares with black ink. Use your creativity!



Final steps will be posted early this week :-)

Darlene

0 comments: