CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 12, 2009

Spooky Tree

Happy Monday To All!


I wanted to share this fun card with you. This stamp reminds me of the book I used to read to my children The Spooky Old Tree with the Berenstain Bears.



I used the watercolor paper from Stampin' Up!.  I really love this paper.  It is 140 lb. 100% cotton.  I used the "Rich Regals" classic inks in the following colors:  Night of Navy, Brocade Blue and  Elegant Eggplant.  I applied the colors with a watercolor technique blending from the top to the bottom.  I let it dry and then embossed this crazy spooky tree.  The image has a hidden face in the trunk so I used a Stampin' Write marker in Going Gray to subtly enhance the face.  I also used some silver brads in the corners and black glitter to accent the edges.

The inside is just sstamped with Basic Black classic ink and then I added clear rhinestone brads in the text for the look of eyes.



I'm going to send this card to my Aunt who lives in the lower part of Upper Michigan.  She lives alone and I'm sure she'd appreciate a fun card for Halloween.

Have a great day,
Darlene

1 comments:

Heather said...

soooooooo cool! love the color technique!