CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Scrapbook Room Re-Do Part 6

Hi Everyone!

I took some time today to finally apply the Butterflies and Definition wall vinyl that I purchased from Stampin' Up!'s Decor Accents line. I thought the nice dark brown vinyl would complete the look for my scrapbook room a.k.a. my "Creation Station" since it is a pretty small room.


In this picture I cut out all the butterflies and taped them in the location I chose with some painters tape. I then made registration marks lightly on the wall with a pencil for each individual image.



There are 23 butterflies total. Each individual image was then removed and the following process was followed.

Rub the grid side of the image with the applicator too. This causes the image to transfer onto the sticky part of the paper. I always rub from the inside out toward the edges.


Carefully peel back the grid paper SLOWLY to reveal the image.





Apply the image to the wall with the applicator using the registration marks made on the wall previously. Press down from the center toward the outer edges keeping the image smooth.



Slowly peel back the top paper revealing the final image. Rub the vinyl image lightly with your finger to make sure it is thoroughly pressed onto the wall.



Use a white eraser to remove the pencil marks from placement.




This is the final image. It looks very nice in person. Just the right touch for decoration on this special craft space of mine. LOVE IT!!!



I'll be posting some Halloween cards within the next few days. Check back for some Spooky ideas :-)
Darlene

1 comments:

Heather said...

WOW! That is beautiful! It is perfect for your creation station (which BTW I love that name!) Great little tutorial.... I will need to see it in person soon