CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Scrapbook Room

Well things have finally settled down at home so I am able to concentrate on this messy room I call my "craft room"! All adult children and grandchildren are either moved or vacationing and happy as clams. We'll have our new puppy next weekend but that shouldn't interfere with my re-decorating mission for this scrapbook room.

I've decided to use my tiffany lamps as the main item of interest for color and texture. I want the feel of the room to be warm and rich. It has a beautiful east window exposure so the warm sunrise compliments these orange tones. I will be laying a new wood floor and complimenting the room with a dark molding. I have a beautiful walnut roll top desk that I will be putting in the room also so I want the trim the same color. I had been thinking about white for a nice contrast but the rest of the rooms in my home have white moldings. I want this room to feel like a little get-away spot. The wallpaper I chose has rich shades of browns with a gray brushed suede damask print. I will be only doing an accent wall with this wallpaper. My room isn't large enough for wallpapering throughout. It would be way too busy if I did all the walls.

My ideas for wall decor keep changing but I definately want to make it unique. I'm thinking about some shadow boxes or nice rich frames for some of my special layouts. I also want a few shelves so I can display my rubber stamps for the holidays and some mini albums. I think I will add a few wicker baskets for more texture and the closet will definately be organized. More updates to follow.

Enjoy your day!
Darlene


Tiffany Lamp (there are 2 of these)






I've decided on a warm burnt orange paint in a mat finish for the walls.

I love these accent candle votives. They have an irredescent mirror finish and coordinate with a large hurricane with the same finish. They are gorgeous in any light be it day or night.

1 comments:

Heather said...

gorgeous! I love the wall paper! Very classy and elegant! You will be able to create lots of projects in that beautiful room!