CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

We picked our Puppy this weekend

We were scheduled to go to the breeders home @ 8:30 a.m. Saturday morning. It was an exciting trip for both me and my DH. I think I was like a little child finally getting to Christmas morning. I had this breed of dog as a child. Since I have no brothers or sisters it was like this German Shorthaired Pointer was a surrogate brother to me. We were pals for years. I have always wanted another one but they are very energetic so I waited until I could dedicate every minute of every day to training and care. We have a Brittany named Sadie so these two breeds will mesh together very well. My DH said it was my decision and he would support whatever pup I chose. I chose the little girl with the orange collar since she was sweet and cuddly like our Brittany. We named her Gretchen and will be able to pick our new little puppy up on August 2nd. They litter is 5 weeks old right now. There are 3 pups left from an 8 pup litter. The breeder said she has never had pups left but times are pretty tough for everyone financially now so she sure understands. If you would like to check out the breeders website the link is as follows: http://www.colonialfarmsgsp.com/.




0 comments: