CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

Finally ...I did a layout!

I went to a stamping convention with my daughter last weekend and we enjoyed alot of vendor demos. At one booth there was a great Make and Take for $1. My daughter Heather made a beautiful card with this Black Magic paper. It's by Core'dinations and it's great! It comes in packages of 20 colors with either pastel or jewel tones. Of course I had to purchase this. You take sandpaper and rough up the "black" side of this 80 lb. canvas textured paper and the colored core shows through. I used just the basic tan for my layout below but I can see tons of uses for all these colors in the near future!

I was able to do this layout of our new German Shorthaired Pointer (GSP) puppy yesterday between playing and naps. Her "biting" stage is slowly stopping a day at a time so it is taking a large amount of time to train her. I decided that the training was a priority instead of the scrapping if I wanted a nice doggie. My supplies ARE calling my name but I think doggie manners are more important right now. Every day I am finding a bit more time to do some "crafty" things though.

On this layout of "Gretchen" I stamped the butterfly embellies onto white vellum with a white StazOn ink pad, cut them out and added some bling on the largest one. I also used lots of Basic Grey white rub-ons. For the swirl design by the flowers I used my clear stamp swirls v:1 by the awesome Rhonna Farrer. Of course there isn't a good white stamp pad ink to make a bright and clear image over such a dark paper so I did a light image and then hand painted the swirls with my white paint and a liner brush. It was fun to do!


The flowers are made by stamping my design on plain Grungeboard (by Tim Holtz) with a black StazOn inkpad, coloring them with some metallic pearl wax and cutting them out by hand. I curled the edges a tiny bit for dimension and the curl stayed! How cool :-) I really like how they came out so I will be adding them to my Etsy shop in the near future.


I added a few white accents with the Ranger white Inkessentials pen. Love this pen!!!!
Well I'm off for more GSP care.... LOL and hopefully I will be scrappin' more in the near future.

2 comments:

Zoa said...

cute page!!! thanks for visiting my blog- I appreciate the encouragement!!! Have a GREAT weekend :)

Heather said...

i love this! Awesome job on the flowers!!!