CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Scrapbook Room Re-Do

Part 2

I have been working pretty hard on this scrapbook room. I had an old wallpaper border that of course decided to NOT be strippable like advertised. So I spent a few hours with my Paper Tiger tool, wallpaper stripper and some elbow grease. I finished removing all the old paper and then washed the entire room with a cleaner and degreaser. Finally I had clean walls!


I decided to paint the ceiling a nice tan color. I have always had white ceilings in my home so I took a deep breath and painted it a color. Wow to I love it! What a new look for such a warm cozy room. It brought out the dark metal in my ceiling fixture (that is what I was hoping for) and it will coordinate well with the new dark wood floor. This has been such an exciting project for me. I can see each little piece of my vision coming to fruition a step at a time.


I had fun doing the wallpaper too! Every time I do a remodeling project in this house I talk out loud to myself about the builder (and not in a good way!). I can't believe that from the ceiling to the floor on a corner of the room was off by 1". Of course I would not have ever noticed that if I hadn't decided to wallpaper and needed a plumb line for the first piece. Wow what a surprise. With the wallpaper choice being a subtle stripe behind the damask print I would have really been in trouble if I had cheated on the first piece and didn't use a plumb line. The room would have looked like it was in a fun house instead. Now it's nice and straight. It looks wonderful and I am very happy with the results so far.
The final piece.............yippee!

I love the texture on this damask print.

Another close up pic.

The flooring is the next step. We had success with finding our flooring today and opted for a nice Brazillian Cherry. I can't wait to get started putting it in with my hubby.
More updates on the floor soon :-)
Darlene

0 comments: