CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 14, 2009

An Awesome Day in Michigan

Wow were we blessed with beautiful sun and a gorgeous blue sky all day today. We watched the sunrise and enjoyed how it hit the decorator pillow on our spider back chair in the livingroom. You couldn't have asked for a prettier sight this morning. These aren't the best pics....I'm still saving pennies for an SLR camera so these will have to do for now.



I also had made some homemade veggie soup. I decided to hold back on adding any meat and go strickly veggies only. WOW it was so good just to have something basic once in a while. I set the table and put croutons and parmesan cheese out for toppings. I told my hubby Tom to go ahead and add the goodies and I would add mine after. Here is the results of our soup adventures.



The beginning of the "soup pot". I put onions, garlic, fresh mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, swiss chard, spinach, carrots, celery, sweet red and yellow peppers and seasonings along with the chicken broth.


Almost done.... nice a basic. We loved it!

My boring place setting.....




and then Tom's creation....

He said you MUST have a smiley face at all times. LOL

Enjoy your weekend everyone....

Darlene

1 comments:

Heather said...

YUM!!!!!!!!!!! love the smilies!