CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Creating Day

Hi there!

I hope you have all been doing well!

I spent a few day in the woods at our cabin getting some "quiet time" and now I'm back and doing some paper crafting today.

I felt like getting down and dirty with the glitter. That stuff is always flying everywhere but I just LOVE it! My dogs even had some glitz on their back when I finished these flowers today.

These are my flowers that I named SPARKLERS for obvious reasons. I used two shades of blue on this first set and then a really pretty lavendar in the next picture. Just love them!


I also made a flower card this afternoon.

Each layer I decided to do something different on for a nice layered effect. The bottom layer was stamped with black ink and then I added clear iridescent glitter here and there on the petals. I hand cut around each petal too. The next petal layer I used my sizzix die for the patterned paper shape and then glued that on black and cut around it. The center was printed (as well as the stem) from printable stamps I bought on The Cutting Cafe'. I used my metallic gel pens and made a few accents and then glittered the center flower with a complimentary turquoise glitter. I glued each layer with 3D glue dots. I decided to also get out the sewing machine and do a nice thread border. It was fun to sew on paper!


I thought the ribbons at the bottom added a nice finishing touch to this card.


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

I think I'll start dinner and relax for the night. I wish you all a nice enjoyable weekend and I'll see you next week!

1 comments:

Heather said...

I NEEEEEEEEEEED those flowers :D