CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Only 1 week away....

Well everyone....next weekend is the Breast Cancer 3-day walk for me. I've been training for months to get ready for this event. I have found myself discouraged, encouraged, excited, anxious, critical, and then motivated almost all in one day. Wow it's a very emotional experience to do something like this. Participating in this is very important to me so I don't want to disappoint myself nor any of my supporters. I truly want to make it through all 60 miles but I decided not to push myself if I feel pain. I want to cross that finish line next Sunday and know I did my very best.

I just received my credentials in the mail a couple days ago so I decided to decorate it a bit. Gee do you think I'll ever get over putting bling on everything?!?!?! I have also been packing and organizing my walking outfits. I will get all my last minute items tomorrow night and pack EVERYTHING in my duffel bag ...not touching them until the morning of the 26th. We are preparing for any type of weather since Michigan can be cold and warm all in the same day in September. I have no intentions of being cold at night. I have great snuggies packed and the sleeping bag will keep me very warm.

I hope to make one or two more posts before I leave. Thank you for taking the time to read about my journey. I should have wonderful pics to post after the event.

:-) Darlene





1 comments:

Heather said...

I am copying you!! I love what you did to alter your tag!!!! I am getting so excited! Thanks for walking the 10 miles training with me yesterday! xoxo