CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 3, 2008

A GREAT recipe

My husband and I agreed last night to set the alarm for 4:30 a.m. We weren't sure how long the voting lines would be since Michigan is a swing state. We showered, had our coffee and headed off to our precinct. We arrived at 6:15 a.m. with no lines outside. A few people were lined up inside the building and everyone was cheery and very polite. We were number 16 and 17 and our experience was the best we have ever had. I don't know if that means we were super early or if that means that the voters figured it would be a mad house early so they are going tonight. Anyway....


I Voted glittering comment from FLMNetwork.com


and now I can play with all my scrappin' goodies and paint the WHOLE day...woohoo!

I have felt like making some peanut butter cookies too and I remembered that I did this LO a few years ago. I'd like to share this recipe with you....it was a favorite of mine as a little girl.

I scanned the original recipe (with my mother's writing on it) so I had a memory of her too! I always have a hot cup of tea with these cookies in my English bone china cup and saucer. I hope you like the recipe. You may want to make a double batch!


Here's the recipe:

1/2 cup Crisco
1/2 cup Jif creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cup sifted all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

Cream shortening and peanut butter together until light; add sugars gradually and blend well. Beat in vanilla and egg. Sift flour with soda and salt and blend into the first mixture. Shape dough into small ball and place approximately 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten the top of each dough ball with the tines of a fork dipped in sugar. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 10 minutes. Makes 4 dozen.

Note: To keep cookies crisp store in a loosely covered container. If they absorb moisture from the air you can crisp them again in a 300 degree oven for 5 minutes.

ENJOY!!!!

1 comments:

Heather said...

the cookies are delicious! I am going to have to make these soon! :)