CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Cupcake Birthday Card

I finally had the opportunity to sit down and make a card today. WooHoo!

I used some patterned paper from DCWV glitter line for the scalloped background and then embellished the cupcake design with ink, chalk, glitter (of course) and a nice felt flower for the top. I added a few clear rhinestones and used the white opague inkssentials pen for the dot work.

The cupcake is hand cut out and mounted on thin foam tape for dimension. I just love the designs from The Cutting Cafe'. They have an awesome choice for printable stamping.


I used my corner rounder on the bottom edges to compliment the round circles in the design.

This is a close up of the chalking and glitter.


I love using this pen. It flows so smoothly and never skips!

I just used embossing glitter for a simple "Happy Birthday" sentiment on the inside.


I'm going to try to finish a couple Father's Day cards and do a bit of gardening today.
Enjoy your Sunday and for all those Michigander's out there.....GO WINGS!!!!
Darlene

1 comments:

Heather said...

now this is just too cute!!!