CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 28, 2009

Scrapbookroom Re-Do - Part 5 Cabinetry

Hi Everyone!

It's been a pretty busy place around here. My hubby and I have been working very hard assembling our oak cabinets for the scrapbook room. We used a beautiful warm stain with a satin urethane for the final finish. They will be installed against the east wall between the window. I will be able to store alot of my stamping goodies. I just became a Stampin' Up! demonstrator so I'm sure I'll have more supplies to store in the near future. I should be getting my starter kit maybe today so that is VERY exciting. I'll blog more about this later and give you info on my stamping website and business website too.


I did a few different layouts for this wall from my original sketch since I really need drawer space more than open storage. I ended up deciding on 11 drawers and 3 cabinet storage areas. That should work perfect for my use! This is not a very large room so the wall dimension is quite small.


These are the hardware pulls I chose. I am using the knob styled for the cabinet drawers and the other handle for all drawers. They are a pretty aged bronze finish. I found them at Lowe's and they were on clearance for $2.97 each. They will go really well with the warm feel of the room.


I have to sand the finish one more time and then put a final coat of finish on yet. Tom will install the hardware and then we should be ready to install them against the wall. We plan on putting a plywood countertop with oak veneer over both sets of cabinets since I will be having storage shelves mounted above them and then a black marble or granite slab set a few inches lower for my work area. I won't be using the area over the cabinets for a work area. I found it quite helpful to do a trial work area before I decided what I needed. I used my ironing board adjusted to the proper work area level sitting with my desk chair to make sure I felt comfortable working right in front of the window and having cabinetry to my left and right. It was perfect! Love the light from the window and love the availability of the storage on either side. I'll post more pictures when we install the cabinets so you can see exactly what I am referring to.

Well off to work!

Darlene

1 comments:

Heather said...

WOW! I can't wait to see these IRL! I love the handles!