CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas with Eli

I finally took an opportunity to go through some of the photos my husband and I were able to take on Christmas day this past year. I ran across these cute ones of our grandson Elijah.

I started to remember how much fun it was when I was a child to wait for Santa to come and bring presents for our family. I always tried to hear if Rudolph landed on my roof and if Santa was in the livingroom under the tree. The imagination is a wonderful thing.

As each year passed and I had a family of my own that same tradition was passed on. My children Todd and Heather both enjoyed the mystery of Santa, setting up the manger and all the animals that went along with the nativity set, decorating the tree and of course the sugar cookies! Then as they got older they tried to find where their presents were hidden!!!! Those sneaky little devils! I remember Todd telling me one morning (when he was quite young) that he had actually heard Santa on the roof on Christmas Eve. We still talk about it now even though he has his own children to experience Christmas with. Heather had told me that they actually found some of their presents one year, opened them and retaped them. It ruined the mystery so much that they stopped looking for gifts after that. Of course I always added that large orange in the toe of their stockings just to hear them complain LOL! For some reason they really disliked how much room it took up and replaced a spot for another gift hmmmm......they miss those oranges now. I know they do :-)

We had a nice visit with our grandson Eli this past Christmas. He now lives in Missouri so we don't see him as often as we would like. This is his 2nd Christmas. He was a newborn last year so we really didn't celebrate the opening of presents like we did this Christmas.


I just love the innocence and wonder in childrens' eyes when they experience this holiday. I'm so glad Eli has been part of this great tradition of Santa, presents and the fun of Christmas morning.

Eli and dad playing with his first set of Big Boy blocks.

Try to stay young at heart everyone. Time flies!
Darlene

1 comments:

Heather said...

I love that picture of Eli looking away like that! He's such a sweetie!

Thanks for taking me on a ride down memory Lane :)