CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Scrapbook Room Re-Do

Part 1 - The Closet

I headed off to Lowes with my wonderful husband a few days ago to get all the supplies for the closet. I had done a sketch of how I wanted to place each shelf and mounting rail/bracket. I then made a list of all the supplies necessary (including hardward) and off we went.

No matter what store we go into we always seem to have a large quantity of customers end up in the same aisle as we are in shopping for the same items. As funny as it is this happened again at Lowe's. The closet organizer aisle was totally empty when we arrived and within 5 minutes there were 5-6 shoppers coming down the aisle with their lists! More came a few minutes later and we had a total of 12 people waiting for the employee to cut their wire shelving. Luckily we were first to ask so we had our large shelving cut and we were able to then move onto all the little parts like, screws and brackets.

We were also very lucky get all all the supplies for 10% off! We didn't know there was a sale and it was close to the last day too. We had compared both Rubbermaid and Closet Maid and decided on the Rubbermaid brand just because we like the installation better and then, to our surprise, the sale too....woo hoo! Our supplies totaled $160.00 and off we were to unload the goodies into the house.

We began ...well I should say Tom began, the installation of the top mounting rail and uprights. We got lucky hitting a few 2x4's but mostly installed anchors throughout. We all know how heavy scrapbook supplies can get :-)







These are three views of the finished closet. It's mighty small (65" wide, 23" deep and 8 feet high). As mentioned in an earlier post I will be making wooden stained shelves for each side of my window above my work desk. These areas are where I will put my pretty baskets, copper containers and holiday wooden stamps. It will be a more decor based storage than the closet. I will get alot of storage out of this little closet area. I have spent 2 fullndays going through my whole stash. I will post those pics sometime next week. I'm very happy how much room I now have.


Top and right hand side view



Top and left hand side view


Partial front view



I have everything placed in and on the shelves now but I am still looking for some 12x12 paper/cardstock organizers and also 1 magazine file to finish the total project. I really feel like I have accomplished alot this holiday time and I found some scrapbook goodies I even forgot I had! I think we all know what "out of sight, out of mind" means.
Well I'm off to rest for a bit and then begin the rest of the room. Please check back for updates and ideas. I hope some of my experiences will help you with ideas to design your scrapbook room and organizer it too.
Darlene

1 comments:

Heather said...

lookin' good!!!! I liked reading your shopping recap!