CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 29, 2008

High Winds in our Area

I woke up around 2:30 a.m. Sunday morning hearing super loud winds beating at the south west corner of our home. I had a small thought run through my head..."Hmmm....I did clip the straps that hold down the spa cover didn't I?" I then confirmed that I had by re-tracing my steps. Whew...I was satisfied. Yep everything is secure, no problem.

Boy was I wrong! The winds kept blowing, sometimes the gusts were 60 mph. We finally got up around 7:00 a.m. since the dogs needed to go potty. When I opened the doorwall blinds I found NO spa cover and NO outside light fixture! Hmmm....I knew what had happened but I didn't know where they were. I couldn't see them at all. We later found them in our yard. I can't imagine how this 100 lb. spa cover looked as it was flying through the sky completely sheering off our outside light fixture during the process. I honestly am thanking our lucky stars that it didn't pull down our electric and phone wires since it some how flew right by all of them on it's way to the ground. I really thought the light would have been in a million pieces but just a small crack in the glass and a large chunk of metal is missing by the connection.





The clips and straps that just tore away.






This is our temporary solution to the problem so we can still keep the heat in the spa during the winter weather. Too funny!



Today will be filled with an insurance claim and price checking. I thought I'd write about this crazy weekend ride my husband and I took because it was a crazy day and quite funny when you think back on it. It could have been so much worse but still I hate to have to pay deductible and repurchase what we already had. UGH!

Have a great day!
Darlene

1 comments:

Heather said...

Holy Moly!!! That is crazy! That poor light! :(