CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

LOVE LOVE LOVE these!

Now that the Thanksgiving holiday has come and gone......

(we had a WONDERFUL time visiting with our little grandson Eli and combining his first birthday party with turkey day)

it is now time to stick my nose to the grindstone and work continually on this scrapbook room. I have just finished the deconstruction.

WHAT A MESS! I tore down all the moldings from inside the closet and spackled, sanded, respackled, sanded....repeat until it is ready for paint. I put two coats of a moisture barrier on the ceiling of the closet to keep all the insulation dry up there. I had already put 2 coats on the room ceiling when it was a bedroom and wasn't crazy enough to try to even touch that closet disaster.


Let me tell you the history of this closet!!!! First of all this home was new when I was 12 years old. We moved here (my parents, grandmother and me) from Detroit in 1967. Yes...that makes me 53 years old now :-) Wow has time flown. My father retired and moved upnorth to his home in the woods (mom had previous passed away from brain cancer) and I purchased the home back from him. Actually my first husband and I had purchased the home. Then after 25 years of marriage that came to an end, we divorced and I repurchased it again to keep it in the family. I am now remarried to an awesome man named Tom and he has helped me redo this whole house and make it a home me so it feels like a new place for us. Only good memories now ;-) The work he does is just beautiful. I'll have to post some pics of the decks he has put on our home and then he dropped an awesome spa on top for a relaxation spot. He's a super duper guy!!!! With children coming back home from college, or just back home back and then back again, with and without grandchildren accompanying them, this "guest" bedroom has seen many visitors. It actually was my bedroom at 12 years old. You can imagine the accumulation of goodies that closet has had. I found material and patterns for suits that I never made LOL! Funny thing is that I still love the pattern and the material but not enough to come out of retirement and wear suits and heels again....nope no way !!!!

I took one entire day and emptied that entire horrid closet. It was a step back in time to say the least but here it is when I was done...ugly, empty and very small but I have BIG plans for this area.
I am now in the process of putting on 2 coats of paint and the storage shelves. I will take a pic of that when it is complete. I will continue moving onto the room with paint and wallpaper next. It's been fun actually seeing some progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know I'm a bit behind the times and most of you have all the fancy electronic cutters (I'm sooo envious) but I still just have the Sizzix BigKick and love it. I know there is a Pazzles in my future though LOL! I was cruising around the Joann fabrics website a couple weeks ago and found Sizzix's storage boxes on sale for a pretty good price. For those of you who don't know about them they are not cardboard but heavy duty wood covered in a nice linen fabric. They come in 3 colors....I chose the beige because the room is going to be dark walnut with warm pumpkin colored walls. I love the plastic dividers inside to keep each die seperated. Pretty cool design and I just LOVE THESE, hence the title to this post.

TFL...have a super week.

1 comments:

Heather said...

awesome post Mom! I loved reading about the history. It brouhgt back amazing memories! THANKS!

I am glad that you are finally getting your craft room back and having a space that is yours- you deserve it!

xoxo