CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Painting has begun...

Now that Christmas is over and we have returned from visiting our son and grandson in Missouri it's time to get back to working on the scrapbook room. I had already made a trip to Home Depot to mix paint a few weeks ago and painted the closet. I am off to Lowe's this weekend to get all my closet organizer goodies so I can begin putting some items away before I get to the room painting.


This pretty melon color will go great with all the ideas I have in store for this room. I want to accent areas with copper items also. There may be a need to go antiquing! I am going to build two wooden wall storage units for each side of the desk area/counter by the window. These units will store all the pretty ribbons, buttons, boxes and wicker baskets filled with goodies. The closet will contain mostly other craft items and books I have collected over the years such as embroidery thread, acrylic paints and yarns. I drew a rough sketch for the closet organizer considering that we will be selling our home in a few years and this closet may be used for a child's room. This way I can add small 16" shelving units in certain areas for my current storage needs but they can be moved or removed for small children's clothing for a new owner. I hope this proves to be a smart move.




I now will removing all the border paper around the perimeter of the room, prep it and start painting the ceiling and walls. I chose a light ivory for the ceiling as to keep a warm cozy feel. I also plan on two long accent lights aiming down onto my work area from over head something like this pic however I want to go with a pretty blue globe color instead of white my accent color.




This is a pic of the room as it is now, empty and horribly boring! I would imagine ANYTHING I do to it would be an improvment LOL.




Well I'm off to the store for a few purchases and then onto more wallpaper stripping.


Darlene

1 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so excited for you!