CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A little Holiday Cheer

....very little I may add. Due to the puppy a.k.a the "Gretchen-ator" we are not decorating for Christmas this year and I really miss it. I have a few discrete simple items placed around so she won't notice!


I always need to have the cinnamon pine cones somewhere during this time of year. I decided a glass vase was the best option instead of the wicker baskets I usually have them in. Gretchen doesn't even care that these are out. She also doesn't care about this cute little angel I just received from my friend Irene last week. We went to Johnny Carino's for a nice long lunch and she surprised me with it. She's a very nice lady and we worked together for many years before we retired. We usually get together once a month or so to catch up on all the latest news.








These are Gretchen and Sadie's poochie bells that I made. My husband and I were at JoAnn fabrics a couple days ago trying to use up my awesome 15% off your total bill including sale and clearance items. We ran across sets of these jingle bells in the Christmas aisle. We purchased 2 sets, 1 for our home here and one for the house in the woods. They love to ring the bells when they need to go potty and it really helps me to know someone need to go out if I'm in the other end of the house. They only cost $2 for 8 and they are quite large. Pretty shiny too since you can see me and the camera in the reflection LOL!




The next storm has begun here so it's time to sit back and see what mother nature is sending us today! Have a wonderful Christmas everyone and stay warm and safe. Enjoy your family times and take alot of pics!


Merry Christmas!!!!!





Darlene

1 comments:

Heather said...

I love the holiday cheer, even if it is only a few items. Looks great!