CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Enjoy the simple things in life!

or "Stop to smell the roses." ...that's what we've all heard from our parents for years. This morning I was enjoying a wonderful hot cup of coffee that my hubby made for me, sitting on the couch sharing conversation, when I looked out the East window in the livingroom and saw this beautiful sight. I wanted to share it with you. I kept snapping shots because every time I blinked the view changed until (within 4 minutes) it was totally gone and just blue sky with white clouds. I hope you get views like this on special mornings in your life as we did today.



Yesterday our "little" (I say that sarcastically!) 5 month old puppy Gretchen was doing her usual romping and playing in the yard with her Brittany sister Sadie. They were in and out most of the day enjoying the snow and all the sticks they could find! I went in the kitchen to make a cup of tea and peeked out to keep an eye on them. They are just like little toddlers always getting into trouble so I never know what is next!!!! To my surprise I caught a movement out of the right corner of my eye through the diningroom doorwall and this is what I saw....
Since when did this little adorable puppy decide she can climb up on our covered patio table like it was a platform for viewing the local neighborhood? From the look on her face she wasn't even ashamed of herself either! I grabbed the camera and snapped this pic. Hmmm........I may have a behavior problem here LOL! I had to turn my face so she wouldn't see me laugh (just like you do with your kids) because I honestly couldn't believe my eyes. I told her I'd come outside and help her down because I thought she couldn't get down. Yeah right! Just like a little gazelle she gracefully popped down to the deck floor and frolicked off into the snow. I hid around the corner to see if she would do it again because she has needed help (or at least we thought she did) getting up on our bed to snuggle in the early evening. Of course she did! She hopped back up with absolutely no effort and was again very proud of herself. What a little stinker we have! Who would have thought that our bird possessed dog Sadie would have better behavior than this German Shorthaired Pointer! Now I have two crazy bird dogs. I don't think I'll be bored anytime soon. Enjoy your day everyone!

1 comments:

Heather said...

OMG!!!!! Too funny about Gretch!

That sure is a simple thing to enjoy!

The sunrise is simply gorgeous too! Great pics!