CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Spring Fever ALREADY!

Oh my I can't believe that I am tired of winter already! I honestly shouldn't be since I usually feel that "cabin fever" in January and February every year. Here in Michigan we have been hit almost daily with accumulations of ice and snow and the temperature has been pretty wicked. Always single digits during the day and below zero at night. The other day we actually had a temperature in the 20's and it seemed like a heat wave :-)



I make sure I'm outside in the back yard many times during the day playing with the dogs. That really helps to enjoy what nature has blessed us with. It's beautiful and sparkley and just down right pretty as long as you aren't shoveling or driving in it.


I am definately waiting patiently for Spring and Summer when my gardens show off all their colors. These are a few pics of flowers that I have been looking at to get me out of my slump. I thought a nice bright pic or two would be appreciated by you too!

ENJOY

Ahhh my Stargazer Lilies! (sniff) I can still smell their beautiful fragrance. I am definately looking forward to these beautifes growing again this year! I was given this plant when I retired from my job. This is quite the perennial gift that keeps on giving Awesome plant!

The Phlox grows in my moonlight garden area. I have only white plants there with a pretty white and copper bird feeder.

I also have large amounts of sunflowers germinate yearly..... NONE of which I plant! The birds always drop large quantities of the seeds from the feeders when flying over the back garden. We had a lovely display last summer and the summer before. I even did a scrapbook layout a couple years ago about them. It's funny to see how my style of scrapbooking has changed only in 2 years. I'm now so into the embellisments I can't figure out when to stop adding them LOL! This LO seems so basic and plain now.


TFL

Darlene

2 comments:

Heather said...

gorgeous winter pictures!!!!

Ellyn said...

Hi Darlene,

After reading your blog and seeing that you are also a Michigan resident, I wanted to let you know about an initiative by the Michigan Department of Community Health to raise money for breast cancer and prostate cancer research in our state, called the Michigan Breast & Prostate Cancer Income Tax Check-off.

To participate, all you have to do is check the donation box under the Voluntary Contributions Schedule on the state income tax form. The best part is that all of the funds raised will go towards services and cancer research within the state of Michigan – a state whose number one most diagnosed cancer is prostate cancer and number two most diagnosed is breast cancer.

As a cancer survivor myself, I hope you will help spread the message by grabbing one of our badges for your blog or Facebook profile, or consider letting your readers know by sharing this information. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions! The more people know about this, the more strides we can take towards conquering cancer.

Sincerely,
Ellyn