CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 29, 2009

Some Gardening Fun for this Morning

Well it's been a few days since I've blogged. We are continually building and staining here in our garage and yard but I took some time out to smell the roses or petunias in this case. I purchased these boy and girl planters a few years ago and had decorated them as a bride and groom for my daughters wedding. We had the rehersal dinner in the back yard and I wanted a fun little garden accent for everyone to enjoy. This year I planted the boy with a corkscrew plant. It has a very unusal growth habit and it looks like crazy spikey hair! Sometimes I plant the girl with a light color dried grass and when it gets long it looks like flowing blonde hair.



I am getting excited for my UPS delivery today. My husband and I purchased some beautiful room size rugs ..... one large for the livingroom and 2 long runners. It should add some color and design to my off white carpet. The carpets look like art work for the floor in my opinion.....can't wait!!!!

I'll be working on a gourd birdhouse this afternoon and hope to post a pic of that soon. I decided to add a thatched roof on this one and it's looking pretty cute so far. I'm using my new gourd ink dye in Berry....looks so rich and cozy for those birdies :-)

Everyone take care and I'll be back shortly...
Darlene

1 comments:

Heather said...

fun! make sure you blog those carpets!