CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Week in Review.......My Thoughts

Well our wonderful Red Wings didn't win last night but I honestly think they weren't hungry enough. They always play wonderful but they didn't seem to have their hearts in it. Maybe that's just what I saw though. I believe the Penguins played an incredibly awesome game and they truly deserve the Stanley Cup. If we had won of course I would have been proud but I must say that I would have felt true sadness for the Penguins since they seems to care so much more. Maybe the Wings need to take a rest for a few years in the playoffs and then when they earn the honor of playing in the Finals again they will again be the Red Wings I've come to know and love and be enthusiastic and focused. They are great guys and I hate to see anyone ever loose. Congratulations Penguins!!!! Job well done.

I wanted to share a sweet picture of the little yearling we had visit our salt lick this past weekend at our house in Kalkaska, Michigan. This little one was just precious to watch.....so innocent but then also so observant and smart. We love our vacation home in the woods. Nature is everywhere and who could ask for more!


I have alot to accomplish today and tomorrow. Cleaning and all those usual chores plus a light bit of gardening, fertilizing and the ongoing privacy fence construction. We went to the store to buy the 4"x4" post and then began the construction. We already have the other lumber for the fence. We have to make the 8' panels in one piece because we are installing the fence right inside the lot line on one of our neighbors sides. They aren't the best folks to talk with about installing a fence and expecting them to be positive and supportive so we need to do the best we can to solve the situation....that's by putting it inside the already existing chain link fence that is there now. Those panels are quite heavy but after we make and install 11 of them we can construct the rest of the fence the usual way. I am staining the neighbors side of the panels before we install and then I can stain our inside all at once.


This is a picture of a partially made panel. We are going to round the corners slightly (hence the white templates in the corner) and then attach them to the 4" x 4" posts. It should look very neat and clean and give us the privacy we so badly need. I've decided 6 foot privacy fences make awesome neighbors!



Enjoy your weekend.... I'm off the make more fence panels with Tom.


Darlene



1 comments:

Heather said...

the fence looks great so far! Reon is more than happy about the penguins win too! :)