CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 15, 2009

YMBD Contest for this Summer

Hi all you scrappers and stampers!

I thought I'd take a break from my fence construction to post the 2 layouta I have completed for YMBD's 92 Days of Summer Contest.

This is the sketch inspiration for Week 2 (June 8-14). I just love this design.

This is the two page layout that I completed. It's about our need for PRIVACY hence the fence theme :-) I used lots of goodies on this layout. I made my own chipboard flowers with my Big Kick, stamped a design with Rangers Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. I added small twine bows with a small button for the center. A few photo mat corner details and embellishing with ink and a nice simple title that I also used my Big Kick alpa die cuts for. I used the YMBD inspiration suggestion to paint on my picture and I just love how it looks. The center pic is of one of our dogs who fell asleep on the top of the wood pile while we were making a panel in the garage. Awwwww.... she was soooo tired.


A closeup of my chipboard flower creations....

I used my stash for this great metal embellishment. It's all about summer you know!
Another closer view of the title and ivory acrylic paint edging for the center photo.

I added some journaling complimenting the shape of the paper border.

All my small pics across the layout are pictures of our building permit, my hubby loading wood in the parking lot at Lowe's, stained 4x4's drying on saw horses, a wet stained panel, the corner template design on the fence panel and finally my hubby leveling and installing the first panel at the back corner of our yard.


This is the sketch inspiration for Week 1 (June 1-7).

I decided to make this layout about all my June blooming flowers in my gardens and containers.
I just love all the pretty colors.


I tore and distressed some of the paper edges and then used a few inks to add some color. I just love that turquoise grosgrain ribbon accent.


I journaled at the bottom of the circle.


I used a 3D glue dot to add dimension to my Bloom with Abandon circle here.

TFL everyone. I'll be back soon for more layouts and interesting events.
Enjoy !!!!
Darlene

1 comments:

Heather said...

they are both so great! Glad you like the sketches!!!